This Website is provided as a public service by the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, DAIDS Regulatory Support Center (DAIDS RSC). The DAIDS RSC does not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personal information about visitors to http://rsc.tech-res.com unless required to do so by law.
This Website is not government-operated, but is managed by a private contractor for the DAIDS RSC.
Information presented on this Website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied with some exceptions. For more information on image and text reuse, contact the RSCSafetyOffice@tech-res.com.
DAIDS RSC automatically collects a limited amount of information about the use of its Website, primarily for statistical purposes (that is, to measure the numbers of visitors to various sections of the site). This information may also be helpful when considering changes to the website to make the site more useful to visitors. Except where it may be required for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts will be made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
Information Collected and Stored Automatically
The following information about users of the DAIDS RSC Website is collected and stored automatically:
- The Internet domain from which a user has accessed the Internet. For example, if a user connects to the Internet through America Online, the domain is aol.com.
- The Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer that was used to access the Internet. An IP address is a number that is assigned to a user's computer when he/she logs onto the Internet. When a Web page is requested, the user's IP address is included in the message, and the recipient of the request can respond to it by sending another message using that IP address.
- The name and version of the user's computer operating system and Internet browser. For example, Windows 8 (operating system) and Internet Explorer 10 and higher, Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
- If a user comes to RSC.tech-res-intl.com from another Website, the Internet address of the "referring" Website.
- The date, time, and duration of the user's visit to RSC.tech-res.com, and the pages visited.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Collected on this Site
Personal information may be solicited and collected from specific site features. In using these features to communicate with DAIDS RSC, users are providing the private contractor with access to PII to provide support or feedback as noted below. This information is not shared outside the contractor's project team or NIH DAIDS RSC.
- Name: An individual's name is requested on the Customer Feedback and Website Change Forms to facilitate appropriate responses to these requests.
- Email: An individual's email address is requested on the Customer Feedback and Website Change Forms to allow for direct replies to these requests.
- Phone: An individual's callback phone number is requested on the Customer Feedback and Website Change Forms to facilitate appropriate responses to these requests.
- Organization: The user's department or organization is requested on the Customer Feedback form to allow DAIDS RSC to appropriately evaluate and direct supplied feedback in context of the user's job function.
When a user visits a Website, the Website's server generates a piece of information known as a "cookie" and places it on the user's computer. Some cookies remain on a user's computer after the user has ended his/her Website visit. These types of cookies are called "persistent" cookies. They collect personal information about a user and allow the user's computer to be recognized in the future. Non-persistent cookies, or "session cookies," are erased by a user's computer after a period of inactivity or when the user closes his/her Internet browser. Session cookies do not collect any personal information about a user. They serve technical purposes, such as allowing seamless navigation through a Website. Session cookies are stored in memory and are only available during an active browser session.
Federal government Websites are generally prohibited from using persistent cookies. The only exception to this policy is in the case of customer satisfaction surveys conducted to improve Website quality.
E-mail Messages Sent to the DAIDS RSC Website
When inquiries are sent to the DAIDS RSC Website and DAIDS RSC Staff Contacts by e-mail, the question(s) and the e-mail address of the sender are stored electronically to allow time for a response to be researched, written, and sent.
Links to Other Websites from the DAIDS RSC Website
The DAIDS RSC Website has links to many other Websites. DAIDS RSC cannot guarantee the privacy or security of information users provide to linked, external Websites.
Links to DAIDS government sites